Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ground Shaking


Well, not shaking, but moving. I have discovered that moving bits of earth from one spot to another is very hard work. For a moment, I though I bit off more than I could chew. Thanks to very smart people, who must think I am stronger and handier outside than I really am, I decided to take on a flagstone patio project. I'm not done, but I did manage to level the area for the most part as well as lay down the gravel. Hopefully in the end the stones will lie flat enough to not trip us or allow us to stub our toes.

It all began because of a snake. Those darn snakes. For a little while I wondered if I would ever go outside again. I quickly realized that wasn't really possible since Brenna and I both love to be outside. But I have been more mindful of the likely homes I am supplying for said snakes. One was in the patio area. We have had Brenna's sand box in the grass by the house for a year now with no sand in it. She keeps asking for sand, but after my snake experience I noticed how much the grass grew up around the box. Hence the patio. I am hoping to finish and then finally fill her box knowing I have made her world a slightly safer place. We shall see.

On a whole different subject, our Africa trip is coming along. I can't believe how soon it is coming. I have a count down going and there are around 130 more days until we leave. Wow. That is soon, and there are still so many details to care for. On Friday this week we are doing something called Secret Church. I am excited about it, but a little worried about the time of day considering I don't think well after 9:00 at night. Secret Church goes from 6:00-12:00 Friday night. I am looking forward to the worship and a new knowledge of my Heavenly Father, but man that is late. I hope my brain can last.

One more note of randomness. Brenna and I are both excited about our Wednesday and Thursday this week. We will be visit Amy, Krissy, and the Mitchell's in Round Rock. It has become a Spring Break Tradition. I just told Brenna yesterday and now she will probably not stop talking about it until we get there. So glad to have friendships that last through the years and can be transferred down to our children.

No comments: